|Chana Dal||1 Cup(Split Bengal gram lentil) soaked in water for 2 hours and drained|
|Jaggery /Sugar||1 Cup (Adjust according to your choice)|
|Maida||1 1/4 Cups|
|Water||Enough to prepare dough|
|Oil||3-4 Table Spoon|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 Table Spoon|
|Butter/Ghee||1 Table Spoon|
- Cook Channa Dal in a cup of water in a pressure cooker till it becomes soft and mushy. Let it come in to room temperature. Grind to a fine paste.
Now heat the pan and add the Dal paste , sugar or jaggery and cook further till they blend and form a lump such that you can prepare small balls for stuffing. Keep stirring on low flame.
- Now add cardamom powder and pinch of salt and mix well. Turn off heat and cool. Prepare small balls with this lentil mixture and keep aside.
- Mix refined flour, pinch of salt, 2 Table Spoon oil and enough water to make very soft and sticky dough. Knead well.
Grease your hands with oil to knead the dough and take a small portion of dough and flatten it as chapati of the size of your palm. Place a ball of “sweet lentil ball” in the centre and draw the edges of the dough from all sides to cover the “sweet lentil ball” completely.
- Take a sheet of transparent plaintain leaf or a plastic wrap and gently flatten each ball carefully with your fingers circular bobattu.
- Fry it on low flame on a hot griddle. Roast both sides till brown spots appear.
- Smear with ghee on both sides when done. Serve warm with clarified ghee.